R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 12-09-2010, 03:18 AM
zipp
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Believe me when im telling you michael is working hard everyday to improve not only hardware but software .Ok the esc's might physically look the same but newer components are coming out every so many months and hobbywing is using better and more advanced components constantly .

Also with the software the patch file i was emailing to people was not only to fix the futaba signal problem but also more brakes and other small things that basically some of you wouldnt understand or need to know its all in the digital technology .

so many things are happening at hobbywing so dont worry .
Just wanna say that I've benefited from Angelo's awesome support. Have been in the hobby on and off for years but am totally new to brushless. Needless to say brushless technology has advanced so much with the introduction of dynamic timing, and with that the learning curve is much different and steeper then the brushed motor-days.

Angelo has been a great help with my re-entry into electric touring. He was very prompt in answering even my noobest of questions through email. I am very glad to have chosen HW in this aspect. So thanks Angelo! keep it up!

As for the debate on adding more timing and stuff. Well, personally I'd just leave it to Michael and the other engineers. They do this full time and have more technical and engineering knowledge than we'd ever know. With Angelo's assurance and the current quality of HW ESCS, I think i can safely trust that they know what they're doing, and that they're on to better stuff. I'm sure they're well aware of their competitors' capabilities, without needing our help to state how X brand has this much more timing and whatnot. If timing is supposed to be dynamic nowadays, can you even compare across different escs? 30deg of dynamic timing in one esc could mean a whole different thing in another.

Glad to hear improvements are on the way. Angelo i hope the minor ones can be upgradeable, so that we don't have to buy a new speedo