R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 10:37 PM
RCD211
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tony gray
So here are all these people proud as punch that their car is knocking on the door of minimum weight limits like it was the most important thing in the world.

Yet Bruces car is a paid-up member at lard-ass central at 1497gms, and he handed Tim and Tony P a solid whupping a fortnight back.

So...still think your car needs to be light to be fast?
Being a complete and utter rookie at this I would assume a heavier car is going to obviously have more down pressure and going to stick much better in corners and carry more speed?

If its carrying more speed through a corner into a straight any speed lost in top end from being heavier would be made up in the corners? Guess its a win some loose some situation?

On another note,got my new rubber Ride 3035;s on the front and 3027's on the back with spice 5mm hard inserts, has made a huge difference I live in a court and can take a much tighter turn now and really turn in and the end of the turn and the ass stays much more in check now. Just gotta take it for a spin at Boronia now to see if I can steer this thing on a track lol

Rhys