R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 12-08-2010, 07:13 AM
dameetz
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nilks
With the short straight at my track, I can clearly see (as can the HobbyWing drivers) that my Tekin is faster at the end of the straight. Not enough to overtake, but it is faster - at our _short_ straight. I would love to see it at a slightly longer straight - then I would probably overtake them on the straight.
Nikls are you running the same FDR as you would with the Tekin? Usually my set up for Hw will be running a lower FDR than I would with my Tekin. This also somehow makes the motor runs a bit cooler. Hw has more rips out of corners so I do not loose anything and the gearing helps with the top speed. Infact My Tekin is a bit soft so I have to gear at a higher FDR so I can have the rips and Tekin really likes this as the powerband is from the mid to top while Hw powerband is from the bottom to mid. So all in all I have almost the same performance with both ESCs. Just for info I m running 11.5t stock class here in my region and for my local track which has about 130ft of straight I usually gear 7.35FDR for Tekin and 6.24 for Hw. Both are turning similar lap timing (based on average).

Last edited by dameetz; 12-08-2010 at 07:25 AM.