R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 06:50 AM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

ok through the wonders of autocad i have drawn out exactly what will happen if you add rear shims to the arms! as the suspension is compressed you will lose static negative camber and i think we all agree with that but what may surprise you is that according to my sketch raising the rear shims by 4mm only gives you .006" of a decrease(with 2mm of arm travel) which is not very much at all (avg human hair is about .007") . now according to Robk doing this will increase mid corning and that is true but now this is got me thinking. my main issue with the 104 frame chassis is just not enough steering in general on asphalt, i just cant seem to get enough high speed steering with the available tire at all. this weekend im going to experiement with this and see what i can come up with on the mantisworx front i can set my static castor to where i get enough turn in and then shim the front so maybe i can get more high speed steering. in theory it should work but i dont know if i can get enough shim under the front to make it effective.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tamshim.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	677383