R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:22 PM
caltek1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Jason,

You need to go and race at other tracks and not just Windsor. This will assist with your driving and car setup.

I used to run zero degree rear blocks on my mini all the time. I went away from them when I played with the MO5 and they did not work at all tracks.

I agree with Bruce that they are a good tuning tool. Less rear toe, less drag and more front steering.

You need to test things for yourself and see if they suit your driving style. The 3 degree rear toe blocks work at Windsor because it is a tight, high grip track, but these would slow you down else where.

The biggest tuning part of your mini, other than you the driver is the choice of tyres and inserts.

I have still to test all of the setup hints I have received for my mini, however this weekend might just be the time for testing, as I will have all of the bits to try.

I hope to see your name on the entry list for the mini Nats.

BTW,

I wouldn't sell yourself short. I can see that your driving has improved immensly at Windsor and your results validate this. I believe you and the others would all give me a hiding at Windsor.

Regards,

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 12-07-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: revised text