R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 12-05-2010, 09:26 PM
COBRARACING
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
Yep it is 100% true. I would much rather have more timing on the esc which is dynamically controlled and less static timing on the motor. I'm surprised a man in your position cannot understand that....

Its very much like comparing old speedos to newer ones. The old ones had lots of static timing and no dynamic hence all heat issues. The newer escs on the market today have lots of dynamic timing and you don't run much static on the motor.

I just wish Hobbywing would see the light and increase the dynamic timing so that we can fully utilise that idea. I would guess the best setup could have 0 motor timing and be fully controlled by the esc dynamic timing.

I can for sure see why Tekin could be faster and cooler. If you want to improve and move forward you must look down this avenue. At my local track I have won the South Island Champs(in New Zealand) with the current software in 13.5. I am happy so far, but can see that if you don't make improvements to the software every so often, it will go the way of LRP.

regards
Michael Jones
Dynamic static is just more accurate but they both create heat the only difference is that stating timing calculates even the false paths thats all but they both create heat no matter what more timing more heat even when you bring both together* as hybrid timing verification they still create heat.

Thank you michael for your advice we will take in on board but we at hobbywing design reliable products and not in the business or producing time bombs .Racers are won with reliability,setup and the drivers ability not speed and advance timing to the extent of the esc becoming a time bomb.

Ive seen on many occasions a pro driver using a hobbywing and smashing a field of tekins and lrp's by 3 laps and other times ive seen a pro driver smahing the field running a tekin .I guess its each to there own but its the drivers ability and the reliability of the product including battery's that wins the race .