R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th Scale Nitro vs Electric Come and get some..
Old 12-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Dr. Evil
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Parts

88gx7R - I agree the 1/8 electric is harder on parts. I mostly see problems in the drivelines. With the amount of torque the electrics put out, I would think the mfgs of the cars would create beefer parts for the extra drive line stresses.

On my Losi 8 (Tekno conversion) I seem to be having problems with two items.

1. Front drive line seems to not be holding up very well. I am on my 2nd and I know the front is getting warn.
2. I am on my 2nd center diff gear. This is because of rock and the motor shaft getting bent from things getting into the gears.

I didn't have these problems with my nitro.

For the most part, I have had a ton of mugen buggies and never replace a single part and I have had them for over 6 years.

I don't know how the new bread of cars are holding up.

I noticed Mfgs have made the cars lighter and I am sure that equates to more breakage.

I just finished running my Losi 8 and it has taken some seriously large jumps and also some seriously bad crashes off these high jumps and it just keeps on going. I'm sure it will break when I least expect it to like during a race.