R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 07:10 AM
zipp
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wolf
For it's price, it is a very good value car. In an experience hobbyist hand, it proved to be quite capable. But saying it is up to Xray quality? One must be very lucky, maybe he got a really good sample? I've heard that suspension arm need to be re-aligned so that the suspension pin can pass through. You also need an arm reamer to "free up" suspension arm's hole. (Look at those picture in the facebook group) You also need to dremel bottom chassis to make clearance for rear differential, ... You need to do this type of fix with any Xray car ??
The Xray I had was the very first one, a T1, even before they had the FKs. I still remember how it went, some of the arms had slight binding, the castor clips (that car had pillow ball front suspension) wouldn't fit without removing 1mm of material. So yeah, i guess, it's comparable in terms of fit. I wouldn't doubt the new Xrays are perfect, but price wise, it's totally unfair to compare.

for those who are really picky, yes the rear arms do bind, but ever so slightly for mine. I failed to notice this in my earlier posting. I don't think it's an issue though, a few hits to the wall should fix it
Personally I think it's fine, especially since all of the components, like the suspension mounts, spacers are all plastic. They should wear fast in the first few runs, getting rid of the binding. If your car is all alu, mounts and spacers, and it binds, that'll be cause for concern, but not in the Zero S.

Then again, i'm not a fussy builder. I'll just try and highlight whatever I notice. Perhaps others can better address the nitty gritty.

Cheers!