R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 10:38 AM
QDRHRSE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Hi guys. I need a shitload of help. I got my truck, took it out of the box, installed bearings in the steering, the shorter ackerman arm and then the electronics. It has the Castle SCT Sidewinder system.

I'm having a lot of problems. I have no idea how to set the truck up. It seems to be nose diving quite a bit. Our track has a big tripple and no matter what I do the car noses over and flips and lands on its back. Its also kicking the rear up a lot while jumping. It is doing all of this with or without drag brake and off or on the throttle.

I started with the 13T pinion and it was way too small. Then I moved up to a 15 and it still seems a little slow. The motor is probably not even a 100 degrees and the esc after 10 minutes....I usually don't run that long but I was trying it out. I didn't even try the car out before I raced it last night. Honestly, I should have smoked the pack but I took a 3rd or 4th.

The shock oil out of the box seems too heavy especially since it was probably between 30-40 when we were racing.

Anyway, I wasted the body, the rear shock tower, and the wing mount on my first night....although most of the damge was from a T4 landing on me I still had the truck upside down alot. Any recommendations about the nose diving? It was also bucking when under full acceleration but I'm pretty sure that was due to the shock oil being too thick.

Please help! I think that I could dominate 10th scale at my local track if I could keep the car upright!!