R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 05:27 AM
trerc
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Gyr0;8213562]What do you guys run in the diffs? As in, I have a one-way, a ball diff, and a solid axle. Should I run the ball diff in front and the one way in the back? WHat do you guys do? thanks[QUOTE]

Run the solid axle in the front when using rubber tires, you will never get the car to flip fast enough with a diff, Dave W posted a good hop up on making a slipper spool which will work good as well. If your running foams then you can use a diff as you will have gobs of steering and traction. On a small tight track leave the one way at home, it is better suited for a long flowing track as they don't react very well to heavy braking.

Originally Posted by Airflow
Hi, can I use xray spur gears (48P) in my tub TC4?
No, Either PRS, Kimbrough, or Robinson racing spur gears will work with the TC4

Originally Posted by Firefox
Hi all.

I picked up a used FT TC4 that needs a little work and would appreciate any info you might have to share.

1. Any up grades recommended ?

2. What are you using for a battery tie down ?

3 Where is a good place to order wheels/tires from, both rubber and foam ?

4. Recommended tires for asphalt and carpet ?

thanks
1. A good bumper and steel diffs, Thats pretty much it. You will wear more parts out with a good bumper than you will break, I guarantee it. If anything pick up an extra steering rack or two, it will be the most fragile bit when you have a good bumper, like the Parma.

2. The factory battery strap works great.

3.RcBoyz or your local hobby shop.

4. Sweeps, they make many compounds for all different onroad racing applications. I don't run foams can't help much there.