R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 12-03-2010, 10:35 PM
ShadowAu
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
For the next version of the software, can the maximum timing values be increased? I'm currently running Boost and Turbo both at maximum and would like to go a bit higher as the Tekins are still quicker. They run 45-55deg total timing, so the 30deg total max from the Hobbywing is a bit low in comparison.

Most of the setups I've seen are towards the maximum end of the range, so it seems like a couple of the lower ones could be dropped and something like 25, 30, 35 and 40 added to the boost options.

I've seen a few people requesting the same, and I've also seen some SP users going back to their 422 software as it has an extra 5.25deg available on the maximum boost (26.25 vs 21deg). Elliott Harper won the 1/12th national using 422 software, presumably for this reason.

Seems like it would be a fairly easy change.
There is more to speed than total timing...

I ran an event recently and during I ran both a HW and a Tekin... according to my datalogger the HW was 2km/h faster down the straight than the Tekin (even though the Tekin was running more timing)... but the Tekin felt a little better out of the corners - but the overall result was about the same lap time... in my case I think the difference could've been made up in gearing or the way the timing was delivered