R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Real 1/8 Nitro Car and product reviews
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 08:44 PM
vivo quevas
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I bought a Losi8 latemodel, even though most of you race offroad and can't relate to a oval review. So I want to review the Losi8 as a platform this car comes assembled with a Losi setup on it. L8 right out of the box this car kicks butt. The L8 is bullet proof it hasn't even had a screw back out, I have had no problems what so ever with this car. It came with a slightly bent halfsaft and Horizons customer service was top notch they took care of the problem I had 2 replacement shafts in 2 days!
The L8 drive train is silky smooth and made the GO25 I was running in my old 50% faster. My old cars drive train had quite a bit more drag so the snap out of the corners is much more pronounced with the L8. Oval racing is corner speed and the L8 powers into the corners it lets the driver drive the car it is very forgiving to drive and is easy to setup. Setup changes can be felt by making small changes or swinging for the fences on set up and the car will respond. Good changes the cars on rails bad changes still beat my old car 7 out of 10 times. I would recomend the Losi 8 it's fast bullet proof it's a quality piece.
I also bought Werks B5 and it a buy on my recomended list. $200 motor that flat rips it has good power threw the whole powerband.