R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - A special thanks to "Out Front Frames!"
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 01:36 PM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default A special thanks to "Out Front Frames!"

Wes Brown, owner of "Out Front Frames," races with us at our local track... I had a mishap that broke the trigger mechanism on my radio... I REALLY wanted to run that day, so I was digging through my box trying to find something that I could rig up to run.

Wes kindly offered me a little sheet of carbon fiber that he had with him which I used to fabricate a replacement, and a burr bit for the dremel to cut it with. (The trigger itself was broken off up into the body of the transmitter.)

A few minutes with a dremel, a little CA, and a bit of scratching my head and teaching those around me some new combinations of swear words and I was back in business. Works like a champ!

(note: Dissasembly of the radio and reassembly was more than a few minutes... but fabrication of the part was quick and easy.)

It isn't pretty (cut freehand with a dremel? yeah, right!) but it works great... and wouldn't have been possible without his kind assistance.

Wes does some phenomenal parts for various RC cars from carbon fiber... y'all should check out what he has. (And he does custom parts too... tell him what you want!)

www.outfrontframes.com 214-517-8531