R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - when is kyosho going to come out with a new truggy
Old 11-25-2010, 11:36 PM
iglu25
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i heard somebody on here that the st-rr pushes like a dump truck and feels like it but ive been looking at it and i like it does it require any mods and hows the stock setup on a rough track ?

and whats the weak points on it and how strong is it ?

and how heavy is this truggy compared to others like the newer gen truggys ?

truggy is strong in the northeast.

im not saying im getting it just curious.
If your ST-RR pushes like a dump truck then your running the wrong set up, period. One thing I never have to worry about on my truck is steering! I've been running Tebo's set up from the Nats with the 11mm hubs up front and 40frnt 45rear losi oils in the shocks with really good results. You may have to go lighter depending on how cool it is.

If you want to run the cab forward bodies like the Bulldog or Punisher you will have to run Mugen or Associated style rear body mounts.

You will have to keep your diffs shimmed with no lash and check up on them often, and try not to run a TON of brakes, just enough to slow the truck down without locking up. Other than that the truck is bulletproof.

I don't know the weight, but I will tell you that I have a lot of success against the new gen style trucks.