R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 07:00 PM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funky
I tried searching for this problem, but it is so hard to find specific info in these threads. Sorry if this has already been covered, I figure it has since I have 3 different cars with the same problem

I have a CRC 3.2R, 12R5.1 and 12L4 that all have the same problem keeping the left hub tight on the axle. No matter how hard I tighten the screw in the left hub, it eventually develops a little bit of side-to-side slop which ruins the handling. The faster my lap times are getting, the quicker I am working these left hubs loose.... and it is happening on all three 1/12s I am running Are there any good tricks for keeping the left hub tight on the axle?? The screw is not coming loose and it has always been tight when I checked it, but the hub will eventually move enough to cause ~1mm of play.
I think if the hub is not tight it will spin on the axle.

The side, or end play issue you point out is from the bearing, and bearing holders seating into the pod.

Over-tightening of the hub will only loosen the hub on the axle more over time, it does not have to be that tight to do it's job, hence the small screw used to lock it down.

This of course is just from my experience with the R5, perhaps other brands have an issue ?