R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - $900 kyosho?
Thread: $900 kyosho?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 08:21 PM
pitpop
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka
Kyosho has been world champ most of the times the race has been held (congratulations by the way) but that's down to the driver (again, congratulations). I'd be willing to bet that Kyosho's margin is at least as high as their competitors. If they want sales success in this market they will need to sacrifice some of it and pass it on to the dealers that they hope will sell their product. It's a silly prospect for a brick and mortar store to stock any race level kit right now but least of all a $900 kit that will be obsoleted in 9 months from release date.
sorry, but your claim about the mbx6 costing as much as the mp9 to make is wrong... the MP9 has A LOT MORE machined parts and the whole thing is manufactured and assembled in Japan...

Kyosho's margin is small, it's an economic fact of life for a product in the upper range of a market ...

the car is two years old and just won the world championship, what are you taking about obsolete in 9 months? come on man, tell me something real

I love it how the competitor fan boys come in this thread to try and pounce with the flaming, it's funny