R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY A TRUGGY
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Jaf1977
Tech Regular

Truggy = Buggy For Beginners

Seriously though, I found racing truggy was good fun if there were decent numbers at the meeting and if there were quite a few decent drivers as you could have some real good, close racing without having to worry about falling over on a really blown out track....however, recently, due to numbers falling, your just end up racing against the same guys all the time and it gets a bit boring...especially when it is a struggle to fill a heat. I mean, what is the point in qualifying as you all end up in the same final for just turning up... you may qualify 1st and then just get taken out by someone who has qualified last and thinks it is the norm to bulldoze everyone in the first corner, or they just take you out when you're lapping them! At least if there are a decent number of entries you have a chance of getting away from some of them... I think truggy driving gets a bad name for this and isn't as well respected, together with the fact that setup doesn't seem to matter so much as they are more forgiving and easy to drive...but it can be good fun!

Buggy racing is more challenging because you are competing against more people and more rewarding when you do well... The club I usually race at gets around 70+ buggy entries, compared to truggy which stuggled to get 10...