R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Truggy Worlds
Thread: Truggy Worlds
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 07:05 AM
Dr. Evil
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Racing

Teufel Racing - You and I agree on many levels.

1. Seeing is Mfgs have to go the the Worlds anyway (don't have to but
want to. What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday), why not ad a truggy
event with the buggy event? I think if you are a buggy Mfg and you
don't have a truggy, you can still go to the event and show what your
product and driver can do. Everyone has a chance at glory with the
right product and the right driver. IF you only have 1 of the 2
cars/truck, then you can simply run the 1 event. This also cuts down
on the cost of each company having to send a driver+team to 2 venues.
I know this would make the event longer, but, since you are there run
it. (It's done in the Olympics, many event, over a long
period of time and not 1 winner of the whole Olympics)

I don't buy the idea that by adding events to the worlds, would take away from the 1/8th scale buggies. I think it will add to the prestige of the Worlds.

Having the event every 2 or even 4 years is not a bad idea. This gives companies time to create new car/trucks and save up funds for the event. This also gives organizers time to prepare for the event. 4 years might be tough because you might only have major companies who have large budgets and are invested in other markets as key players. The event tend to spark sales and if you are a small company, 4 years is a long time to wait for a possible win even if you have a great product and a great driver.
I think 2 years is good.

The concept of the Worlds isn't just to gather everyone together for just 1 event, Like the Worlds Fair, it's everyone coming together to show their best ideas and concepts.

Someone mention there are not enough mfgs for truggies. I think many companies now have truggies and if they don't they are working on one
to soon be introduced. (Serpent as an example)
Mugen
Losi
Serpent (truggy in the works)
Associated
Kyosho
Jammin
Tamiya
Hot Bodies (Don't know if they do)
Xray
Caster Racing
GS
Hong Nor (Don't know if they do)
Hobao (Don't know if they do)

(I'm sure I'm leaving someone out sorry)

Driving a truggy - I like driving my truggy. I have a Mugen MBX5T. Yes it isn't as aggressive as the MBX6T (Mine hass dust on it and is a shelf queen, Never driven) But, I really like driving it. I can throw it around in turns (must be on the brakes to get it to weight the front end to turn), goes over bumps much more aggressively than my buggy and seems to take more abuse. I am a driver who doesn't get much wheel time. That being said, the buggy to me is more accurate to drive and take more concentration, the truggy seems to be faster on rougher stuff, but, doesn't seem to require as much attention as the buggy. This could be simply because of my driving skills might be more towards the truggy. I don't know.

Lastly, for what it's worth. I am for the advancement of R/C. It could be offroad, onroad, nitro or electric. I would like to see it get better and I would like to see more people get into it.

On that note: I think these events need to be broadcast (ESPN in the US) so the masses can see it. There needs to be DVDs or online websites were you can watch these events IN FULL over and over. I would like to analyze top drivers driving techniques, see what lines they take, drivers tips. etc. I think this will by far promote the industry. I don't want tracks to be so crowded where it takes til midnight for a club race, but, I do want to see more competition and I want tracks to stop disappearing..

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 11-20-2010 at 07:34 AM.