R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DNX408 Prototype
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 06:42 PM
DRCRacer299
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by itbvolks
Ryno!

Gongrats on the showing! Car certainly seems fast!

I've put off racing buggy again for years and years but honestly the 408 is the first rig that might get me out there again. I love the layout and technology designed into this thing.

Hoping the best Ryan! Thanks for setting peeps straight!

Eric.
It is an awesome layout and for sure a lot of technology and different ideas went into it. It's what Durango is known for!!

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
Good stuff Ryan, I always thought you were a class act especially after you offered me a water at Silver State a few years ago after I got stuck marshalling under that bridge and was beat down haha. You rep your companies well and I am sure you will rock that Durango. Hope ta see you at The Dirt Nitro Challenge!!
You deserved that water!!

Originally Posted by hookem34
Ryan thanks for taking time to come on here and give us your feedback. It was awesome watching you pilot that car around that crazy track with so little time behind the wheel and make a run at the finals.

In your professional opinion, would you say that the throtle servo does not seem to heat up more than your previous servos with your old Tamiya rig? Has Gerd or Hupo had any coversation with you regarding all the internet chatter about the servo conerns?

I am super pumped about this new rig and can't wait to get mine (pre-ordered it back in August). Hopefully you can start sharing some set ups with us once it comes out.

Congrats again to you on your success at the Worlds. You are going to be a dangerous man in 2011 with the 408!
Yes I would say the throttle servo gets hotter in the Durango than it did in my Tamiya. The Durango is a much tighter car and the servo is close to the engine case. I haven't spoken with Gerd or Hupo sense the Worlds. I'm sure everyone is just trying to get back to life as usual! ;-)
I will be sharing all the set-ups I can when the cars released! So far I only have 2 tracks for comparison but that will grow as 2011 progresses!

I'm looking forward to being Dangerous in 2011!

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
14 viewers and growing I dont care what people say thats a awesome looking kit
It's even better looking in person!