R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Congratulations to CODY KING!!
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 02:26 AM
deadmancourt
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by codyking
Hello everyone! Thank you for the nice comments and congrats. I am very proud to be your Champion. It is one thing to win a National or regional event, but to win the worlds is something that not everyone gets to do in there life time. To do it at the relatively young age of 23 is something I couldn't imagine. I want to thank everyone that has helped me out to get to this point.

First off my Dad for all his hard work on my cars at home and at the races. To Team Kyosho, Team Orion, AKA, Kopropo, Byron Fuels, Upgrade RC, A Main Hobbies, Dialedinc.com, ProTekRC, Brain Speed Graphix, and Lunsford. With out the help from these people it would be impossible for me to accomplish this. Not so much the companies, but the people behind these companies. First I have to thank Adrien Bertien who not only prepared engines for the race but also helped my dad in pit lane. Also Philippe Neidhart at Team Orion for these opportunities. At Kyosho Japan I have to personally thank Tsuyoshi Sasai for always believing in me, Joe Pillars for the endless encouragement and help, Mark, Joel and Gil at AKA for their profound guidance and very deep understanding of what it takes to win races, Steve Pond, Futoshi Ishihara and everyone at Kyosho America for the great support ... these people had a profound impact on my career to this point. I also have to acknowledge Jared for his genius trick moving the battery, it's amazing how great the car is with this adjustment.

Also respect to the 2008 Champion and my fellow competitor Atsushi Hara. I like driving with him, he drives clean, and he is a great champion. He was very graceful and friendly after the race. What a great effort he made to get that close to winning two in a row. I can only hope to have a chance like he did.

Well, that's about it for now. Heading out to the Kyosho Fall Classic Saturday at Revelation Raceway. We're all sick over here, brought back colds from Thailand. Hope to feel better on the weekend.

See you all at the track... - Cody
see you there bro!....congrats!