R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 12:56 AM
Bumpy
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jackdani
hi guys,

just posting here to have some advice...

i m wondering to change my mi4lp race version, which actually is the cheap one, with some good stuff as i started racing at my local track.

tought to go with the upcoming tc6, but now i m really considering even the trf 416...as i have the possibility to purchase it at a very good price.
i'm not sure about this decision, i would like to hear from you who have it, how the car goes and how good is built!
i dont have any information because here in italy this chassis is not so diffused, considering that 90% is xray...

furthermore i dont care about the trf417, becasue it would cost too muchanyway, and i was thinking how the lipo chassis for 416 goes!

if you all can give me a little advice i would br vary thankfull!!
Having recently changed from a TC5r to the 416x and buying the Tamiya lipo chassis upgrade all I can say is ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I shaved over a second off my lap times at my local track running 13.5/2.1 prostock Sp running the kit setup in the car. Only thing I changed was going to the HPI PRO4 springs, which is what most of the team drivers run, to pink fronts and silver rears on (low grip) outdoor ashphalt. The build was very good especially compared to the TC5 and the quality was exactly what you would expect (much higher) after spending alot more than other tc's on the market. Realisticly you dont need the 417 as the 416x with lipo chassis upgrade is pretty much a 417 short of a few more refinements.