R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Truggy Worlds
Thread: Truggy Worlds
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 AM
captain america
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
I saw interviews with Savoya and other europeans and they said that they were at a disadvantage. Just saying. Savoya is a good driver and he did well, but was never going to be a contender for #1
Remember what they say about never saying never?

Historically, US drivers have only won 3 of the 13 total World Buggy Championships. US might be on top for the time being, but that doesn't guarantee that it'll stay that way.

Buggy is still the dominant class, and you can clearly see that by the design turn-over: buggies are upgraded and redesigned constantly, whereas RC manufacturers are content to keep the same truggy platform for 2-3 years or longer.

Also, I'm fairly sure that a worlds event is fairly expensive to organize and run, what with all the logistics, shipping, accomodations & free parts for drivers, etc so yes, truggy DOES need to prove itself. Also, the buggy worlds is already a whole week long, so I don't know if shoe-horning a truggy class in there is necessarily a good idea.

This is not to say that it's a bad class, just that the popularity has to be there for the expenditures to be justified.