R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 03:43 AM
calvin
Tech Adept

As a general statement - No, not without modifications to the top deck. If you can find a lipo that has the connectors at the extreme sides it is possible. I cannot give you any recommendations for a specific brand in this regard as all the batteries I have bought required modifications to the top deck when using bullet connectors, maybe someone else can point you to a specific brand that will fit. Many lipos will also require modification to the bottom tray for a good fit as well as the known issues with the center pullys.

I absolutely love the layout of this car but it was put out before lipo and brushless had become firmly established and as a result it is not necessarily user friendly with this technology. Some brushless motors will not fit without issues. My Tekin will bolt in, but there was zero adjustment range for gearing adjustments until I made modifications. I have read about other problems with other motors concerning interference with the motor tabs, etc.

I wish Losi or someone else would take this platform and run with it. It would take very little effort to solve the problems and in my opinion to have a first rate car.