R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 AM
TQue
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by novice10
I purchased a TA05VII (Lambo) for my son. I am the pit crew. I put it together, but have had constant trouble with steering, Spur gear, etc. The servo couldn't turn the wheels and I couldn't center the drive. I had to loosen screws on the K parts and also on the steering mechanism to free-up the turning action. Is this normal? Did I leave something out in the build or build it wrong?

I have read this forum through page 39 and still going. I have ordered the Kimbrough Futaba Servo, steering kit (TAM 54095), Carbon reinforced K Parts, and the universal drive shaft set of parts for the front end.

Hopefully, these parts will fix my problems

Main question: I want to buy a second car that I can run, his friends can run, and that my son can run when the Tamiya TA05 VII isn't working (which currently is five minutes of run time for five hours of pit crew work).

How reliable is the Tamiya TA05VII? Should I risk buying a second one, or should I by another brand? He wants to use the cars to race on carper this winter and on asphalt this summer. He will be racing with either stock motor or 17.5 Turn call, because he is a beginner/novice.

Any suggestions for what to purchase for the second car?

Thanks!
A Tamiya Mini...a M03 or 05. The car is bullet proof and great fun! Great for a beginner to learn on and easy on Dad's pocket book. You keep the TA05 for yourself. As for his friends find a cheap used mini for them.