R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Zac_with_no_K
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by woodys3b
Zak is a novice driver racing in a 13.5 class. I don't care how gifted he is, he is going to hit stuff and he is going to hit it hard. The aluminum parts will bend or break. If you are just running around a parking lot or drifting, these parts are fine but if you are racing, they are a waste of money. I have seen people show up at the track with these parts on their car and after two or three encounters with the wall, they are done. I still have the original C hubs on my car and it was my first RC race car. Been racing it every weekend for about a year now. That's hard to beat. I do recommend the Tamiya carbon knuckles though (the part that holds the bearings that the axles go through) for the front and rear. They hold the king pins and ball studs much better.
Yeah, I have been crashing hard even with reduced top speed. I already snapped my right c-hub twice so I wanted to find something that wouldn't brake.
But I'm going to just stock up on plastic ones(I'm thinking 10 should be enough) and a guy at my track suggested I boil it in water for about five minutes.
I'll have a couple pre-built ones so I can easily swap it on the track if one brakes again.