R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

I need some serious help here guys. I just bought a Associated 12lw or lc, not sure. I know it didn't have a front end when the guy before me had it and he put the old school on. I literally took this car out of the box, ran in the hobby shop, bought a few parts to get the steering together, through on electronics, ran to the track setting up the radio on the way . I was pretty happy until I started to run it.

The car has 2 major problems, which may or may not be related.
1. The car just seems to shoot every which way all over the track. I turn, it sometimes turns, sometimes, goes straight, sometimes the other way. I just can't seem to control this car at all. I have been running 12th for a while now with a Corally and was doing OK as far as learing to drive it, but this car won't go 5 feet without shooting one way or another. I know I must have screwed something up, I am including a pic so maybe you can see something. I know the servo is huge, but the chassis is not drilled for a micro servo and I didn't have time to do it.

2. My diff kept coming undone. I had to sock it down to run and even then it eventually came undone. I will include a pic of the parts in the order I removed them. I think something must be missing. It is an older diff style.

The shock also didn't fit, was too long. i ended up cutting the ball ends down and compressing it a little. I have a Paragon rollover antenna I am planning on installing, but I have to put a smaller servo in first (Hiec 225 I already have) and change one end to a captured end.

Finally, can I change the rear pod to any of the newer parts. For example, could I change the top plate and plastic side to the new parts to give me more room around the motor to work on it. Also, could I use the newer bar across the back (don't know the name) to put the body post up there instead of beside the batts?

Hope this all makes sense, I really really need help.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc01610.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	35392