R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 11-10-2010, 06:30 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Can anyone point me in the right direction for swapping the 104 front end to the 103. I'm looking for what is required, what can, and will i re-use from my stock front end. things like that

Are the front pins, springs, steering knuckles and things of that nature the same?
I'm sitting in the office, so I don't have it all in front of me. However, you'll need different kingpins and turnbuckles. The springs and knuckles can be reused. The kingpins are shorter (that's also what allows the 103 rims to fit) and the standard steering turnbuckles won't reach, due to the extra length of the arms.

I used these ones: 53150. Can't for the life of me find the part number for the pins, but I ended up mounting the springs between the top of the knuckle and the arm. The arms I used have no camber adjustment - you effectively replace that whole assembly off the front of the car.

After all of that, I'm probably going to go back to the F104 front end once my Exotek conversion arrives.

Phil.