R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Scrad
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have a question reguarding the no timing profile. I see on my computer display the DRRS is at 8 with an * next to it. But if I hook it up to my LCD box I can change the DRRS. So can I change this or not? The DRRS is the punch setting like on Novaks correct?

I was having a problem with the mod profile with timing not being smooth enough in my 2wd buggy. So that is why I'm trying the no timing profile.

It esc acts weird. If the motor rmps are real low or if I hit the brakes and then punch the throttle is acts like there is a 2 speed gear. You can feel the car get a hit of more power in the last 3/4 of the trigger pul. But if the motor rpms are higher and I don't us brakes it is very smooth. For some reason it acts like the esc saves the power in the capacitor and then when I pull the trigger it releases the energy. Has anyone else noticed this?

I tried everything with changing the Drrs, timing, and nothing seemed to get rid of this problem. It makes the car loose rear traction and spins out. If I don't use any brakes it drives fine, but once you get into traffic and have to use the brakes it makes the car very hard to drive.

BTW, I don't really notice this problem on the 4wd buggy with the timing profile, but then again I have a lower turn motor and 4 wheels to compensate for the traction loss.

Any help is appreciated.