R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2004, 11:04 PM
fabolousRC
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nthegame
What mistakes do you believe they made with the evo III that might be fixed in the next generation?
We do not know at this point, but this is what I am assuming:
*Gearbox design and build quality of the plastic. The original TB EVo III and SE have soft (not brittle) plastic. Racers wanted it to be as hard as TC3s
*Battery positioning. Everyone wanted it to be closer to the middle like TC3 so it's more balanced
*front One-way design. According to the peeps out here, The new lightweight shaft seemed to fix it. So we'll see
*Slight chassis/suspension upgrade. Any extra adjustments that were not available on the current cars will be redesigned and incorporated into the new car. For example: new, thicker main chassis and new shock tower on Surikarn Edition compared to the original car.

Bigdog: If they indeed want to use EVO 4 as their ultimate car, that means 415, in Tamiya's opinion, wasn't ready for prime time yet, am I correct?

That's one prediction that I have on it.

The other one is that Tamiya wants to show the world that Tamiya can (and already did in european championships) win with a car that is easily recognisable as a Tamiya car (being shaft driven etc)

It will be nice if Tamiya can win one for the shaft after the belt. Which means it will be the ONLY company to win with TWO kinds of drivetrain!

As far as buying TB Evo IV, I don't know. I still haven't got the chance to buy EVO III yet. My EVO II is in rumble and My original EVO is up for sale. I just don't have time to race regularly these days.