R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 11-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by RCknight
Paul, I don't have much experience with sway bars and I was wondering if some light bars would be beneficial in the slower VTA class or not? Should I run a softer springs as well? Also any set ups you know of for med carpet would be great. Thanks
Hi, you will just have to try the sway bars. the car will roll less(side to side) with them, the car should have better forward drive with them but sometimes in the 17.5 classes that is not really needed. if you are going to just try some small ones i would not change the springs, if you are going to try bigger bars i would drop a spring rate and see what it will do.

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
what's up Paul, just here to say hi! How are things going? I know you're happy this year is almost over, it's been a monster for you.
Hi man. things are good, definately a long year, not over yet LOL.
hope things are good with you.

Originally Posted by jgraham37128
Paul, thanks for the help on the ackerman. I have two cars one is a t3 2011 I just built and the other is a T2 009 EU. I noticed on the T3 the outside tire is at 30 degrees and the inside tire is around 20 degrees at full throw. On my T2 09 it's 30 degree on full throw both left and right but the inside on the left is 17 degrees and when I turn it to the right it's 20 degrees. What can I adjust to make both the same on the inside tire?

Thanks,
JG
Hi, i would assume that when your wheels are straight your steering rack (inner ball studs) are not perfectly on center. measure your steering tie rods and see if they are the same legnth or atleast within .5mms to start.
thats really the only thing that it could be unless if something is really tweaked or off.