R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Grenade10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jneg
Thats very cool that you got to see them in action all I've been able is to see them on TV. I'm from the IMSA GTP days. But still a fan of the brutally powerfull cars of that era. I knew something was not right with that picture but I put it on anyway because that was the only one I could find of quickly of the classic profile of those cars.
The Crossle with a body change was legal for the under 2 liter class in IMSA, was looking at making the change and then work, family ..... life got in the way. I do have a few laps in a McLaren M8, but left much in reserve as I could not afford to replace a wheel let alone a corner or more if I really did something stupid. Had an offer to run an open wheel McLaren Formula 5000 car at a vintage race in Steamboat and thought better of that and watched instead.

Did not earn the nickname with out finding the limits of stuff ......... still do, just R/C stuff .......................

Your photo was good for the question, and I thank you for bring back some good memories for me. Maybe I'll replace the 235 avatar with one from the car, still have some around. ..... Yes that my S2000

Last edited by Grenade10; 11-06-2010 at 07:36 AM.