R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM
RC-ProSpeed
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
Thanks . might give that a try, but the guys at the hobby shop look at you like you have 2 heads when you ask for that large of a pinion.
haha... I can imagine... last weekend I saw a guy with a TC5 running a 58T pinion (64P); I think the pinion was a ASP brand of something like that and I probably make the same face when I saw that

that setup is only if you really need to go that low of FDR, with the 75 Spur the smallest pinion you can use is the 50T or larger.

Robinson racing makes the bigger pinion but after 47 they jump by 3... 47 - 50 -53

BMI racing makes all the numbers, 51, 52, etc...

But just something I just remember, there is a modification you need to do to the chassis, and is cut the webbing on the chassis right below where the pinion rotates. it doesn't take much. Also I shaved a little to the division/wall from the spur opening slot to the pinion area... that is not really necesary but it was just me that wanted to see some more room

you'll see what i'm talking about when you start doing it and see where all parts will rotate. took me about 10 min. to do all that i took the entrerear suspension/diff out so I can have better access.