R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 11:32 AM
TM America
Tech Regular

I wish to than Mike Braun for his excellent race in the A Main in the IGT Class at Paris Memorial. Mike finished a solid second place and this is not bad for a guy that doesn't get to race this class very often.

Mike was using GQ 1/8th GT Rally Rubber Tires. These tires in the heats and as well in the main proved to have excellent grip and above all excellent wear. Mike could be seen running the infamous Orange rims of GQ's during his first two heats. Then for those who may have noticed Mike's rims were white for the last two heats and in the A main. Mike was kind enough to help me test new rubber that GQ will soon bring to the market place. As everyone noticed, Mike had excellent grip throughout the main in the fronts and the rears. Mike reported he enjoyed using the test rubber and had his fastest and most consistent laps when using the new white dots.

I also wish to thank the Utah crew for putting on a great show in the IGT class. These guys had a lot fun everyday and it was fun being around them. For all of the guys that tried GQ 1/8th GT Rally tires for the first time I want to thank you for trying them and all the positive feedback you gave me all weekend long. GQ tires are known around the world for their excellent grip and long wear. They are also know for their solid rims. Unfortunately on racer decided to test the quality of the GQ rim with his car. The rim won.

It looks like GQ's PHD staff and R&D department have another excellent rubber tire on the way for IGT racers. I will keep you aware when these tires hit the market place!

Thanks again to everyone, you made my weekend fun!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GQ 8th Rally Mike Braun.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	660037   Click image for larger version

Name:	GQ 8th Rally Mike's Car.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	660038