R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 10:45 AM
TSR6
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I really don't think high-traction carpet on a board-barrier track helps any. I know that the two other Pro4's that have been running at Trackside have also been braking gears. The one guy borrowed my last spare gear set, and hasn't been back to the track since. The other broke a gear during practice last tuesday (RCDriverGary). Last week was the first week since our Winterfest race that I didn't at least damage one ( I've run with a gear that only the very tip of a tooth was buzzed ), or break a gear, so It's definately looking good.

I don't mean to make myself out to be the greatest driver in the world, but a lot of these hits have been light, some haven't. This past tuesday was a slam fest, I took several shots that I cringed, and actually thought I buzzed a gear after one of the shots. One of the Tamiya cars was clicking on the track, and I thought it was me . I inspected the gears after the race, and there was no damage.

Ben (TeamPRP ) has raced at Trackside with me, so he's familiar with the track, and the type of driver I am. ( note: waiting for some smart alek responce from RCDriverGary )