R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 IFMAR WC Winner ??!!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Lille-bror
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
Back from Thailand

track is very very difficult and takes tons of track time to get used to it, Tebo needed 300 laps to run clean for 5 minutes, ill let you guys imagine how many laps i needed to do the same

as Casey said, the track was lightly oiled before we got there (arrived the 15th) and it rained in the mornings. track surface was good during the afternoons with good bite but still the track was very difficult....

the track wasn't the same as it was few days earlier, many jumps had changed and the surface became very bumpy in many sections...

after the first 2 days, i felt a bit connected to the track and managed few laps without mistakes, lap times improved day after day and my best was a 46.7 on my last day of practice. quiet happy with our performance and will hopefully try even harder during the WC.

rain stopped and the sun was on for 3 days, the track became very dusty and abrasive. very hard on tires and not very consistent lap times as cars were sliding all over the track.

few big names were around as most left back to their countries,

had the chance to meet Ryan Luts and what a great guy he is, always ready to answer questions and always had the time to sit and talk, amazing guy and a driver, he is looking really good with his Durango running a best of 43.9s lap!!

JQ arrived on the 18th i think and THE car looked amazing on the track, his best was a 45.5 on a very rough track !! JQ is also fast running go Karts
awesome guy and alot of fun to hang out with, Kim as well

now i need to gather everything back for the WC as we leave in 11 days!!

cheers

Ali
Hi Ali and all other WC Participants.

Please keep us posted here on RCTECH about the race

Thanks in advance gentlemen.