R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 05:41 PM
gsxr0311
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussierevo
Got to run the Exotek conversion kit for the F104 yesterday,and I must say it was a good first outing.

With very little prep time on the car, on an outdoor asphalt low grip dusty track when all the drivers (namely corallys) complained of vary grip conditions throughout the day, out of the box I was 0.3 second away from my previous fastest laps when the track was in much better condition grip wise. I played with the ride height in the rear a little by increasing it,and that changed the car for the better.

I ran with tamiya rubbers all round as I have all year. I struggled with the car mid corner on sweepers, and I felt I lost time because of the amount of understeer I got, but when I figure out what adjustments to make to get better mid point turn in on the sweeping corners, and get used to how the car feels when driving, then I will be quicker and more consistent.

Must say, if you are thinking of getting, you will not be disappointed.
NICE!

so you raised the ride height and it got better or did you lower it?
what was it at and what did you end with? thanks.

i only did one qualifier with mines before we got rained out last week. during that qual i traction rolled two times. i had med fronts and option tamiya rears (both foam tires) the car felt good, way better than stock. hopefully our race next weekend we wont get rained out and ill have some more info.

anybody else try the exotek on foams?