R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 12:15 PM
BoneCrusher
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks again Solara. I’m actually going to use it regardless. No one has ever accused me of cheating.

On another note, our club got brand new CRC carpet about a week ago and we’ve got the track set up and instantly we’ve even got traction. We’ve got an 80 foot straight with medium technical infield I would say. The hot lap of the night was around 8.0 seconds using a tekin 13.5. With my 2.1 prostock with 528 software using a 17.5 SP V3 with 4.75 FDR using Marcos J’s setup I was able to get a low 8.1. I didn’t change the software cause no laptop to change to the 508 no timing software and used the same motor but set #9 to 1 and #12 to 1 (I assume the is the same as no motor timing but no flashing lights) and using an FDR of 3.59 and got a fast lap of 8.4. Very happy with the combo and the motor came off no hotter than 140 F with an awesome SP heat sink and fan.

My question is:

1. My motor timing is in the middle (5 degrees?). Can’t remember which is which but to guess does changing the timing on the motor to 10 degrees increase low end power and setting timing to 0 degrees increases top speed?

2. If I change the timing to 0 degrees to increase the top speed (because current setup seems just a tad slower than the tekin on the straight only), what would I change the pinion to for keeping temps down. This is what I think the no timing setup needs cause the infield is awesome just the straight speed could be quicker. How low and my FDR go?

3. Does setting #9 and #12 to 1 really EXACTLY the same as 508 no timing just without the flashing lights? Then if I were to just put the CIRTIX speedo in this car and use the same motor, would it run exactly the same too?

Any advice is much appreciated,

Ivan