R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 2.0 Truggy: How do I make it steer better off throttle.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Klimpen717
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bacchus
Sounds like your basic steering push. Many reasons for this. Things I'd check.
1. Make sure your steering servo is turning the wheels to full lock but not so far it buzzes the servo. Set it with the tires off the vehicle and the vehicle off the ground. Set the EPA to full lock then back off a click or 2 until the servo stops buzzing but you know your at full lock.
2. Could be your tire choice. Some tires don't have alot of side bite. Choose a tire with more side bite.
That should get you started. If it is a horrible push from the box stock setup its probably your endpoints.
The servo is a Hitec 7955TG with fully adjusted end points.
You could be right about the tires, I need new ones.

Originally Posted by Frank L
Use the short Ackerman plate drop the rear fluid to 2k and make sure the ride height is correct.
Fluid is at 2k and diff just recently maintained.
The Ackerman is the piece that looks like a bow right? I have to long one there now.
Is this right?

Originally Posted by jonski
shorter rear camber link...lighter rear sway bar...less rear toe-in
I can try that, thats three steps. What is "shorter rear camber" Camber is an angle to me so do I need more or less angle on the rear tires?
Lighter sway bar and less toe in I can do. I will let you know...

Originally Posted by Sein
Check your droop. The more front droop you have the less it will understeer and what the others said above.
Hello Sein, are you sure droop has ANYTHING to do with this?
Isn't droop the setting of the screws that stop against the chassis?
They don't even come into play here.

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
many reasons can cause this. First if its a rtr trash the servos(they wont last) then tighten ur servo saver up almost all the way down then lock it in with some type of lock tight. Once you have done this then go on to set up for more steering, but im sure once you get a tire selection for that type of track and servo saver/good servos it will be fine.
The servo are fine and so are the saver. i checked them now and I have the saver pretty tight.
As a matter of fact, the turn is so close to the driver stand and it's going REALLY slow there. Almost like slow motion so I can clearly see the tires turn and skid. It's just like you want to lean over the fence and grab the car and push it in the right direction every time... in slow motion.

Originally Posted by mblgjr
1) Pick the proper tire for your surface.
2) Increase your rear brake bias. The rears should barely lock up as you come to a stop. The fronts should never lock.
3) Set the truck up to the specs listed here (follow ALL of them).
Report back if you're still not satisfied.
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...akeV2Tower.pdf
Or if you've got the RTR and aren't running the V2 rear tower:
http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/DrakeSS098t2.pdf
I'm using the RTR so I downloaded the last PDF of the two and will test it out.
Thank you!

Thank you everyone for helping out.

Last edited by Klimpen717; 10-21-2010 at 12:34 AM.