R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What are the best quality hex wrenches? Losi 8-in1 has no warranty.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:19 PM
mdowney
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default What are the best quality hex wrenches? Losi 8-in1 has no warranty.

I've just broken the tip off of the 1/16" bit for my Losi 8-in-1 hex wrench after some very mild tightening of a small flathead. I emailed Horizon Hobby support and they replied that their wrenches do not include warranties. Are any of you aware of a company that makes higher quality all-in-one wrenches and will replace a tip if it breaks? I had a tip break on a wrench from T.O.P. and they replaced it free of charge but they don't appear to make an all-in-one.

I know, I know, tips break - get over it. I'm just asking if there's anyone out there selling wrenches that will get replaced if they break. Perhaps not but if there is - I'd like to buy their product. This Losi wrench was expensive and they don't sell replacement tips so I'm rather screwed. The only 1/16" bit I can find anywhere is made by Integy and I'm not sure how durable it will be.

Here's my correspondance with Horizon in case you're interested. He was friendly in his email so this isn't meant to be a negative about him. Horizon chose to follow policy and tell me "sorry", T.O.P. hooked me up with a replacement for free. Guess which one I'll buy more products from.

Mike

Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby Product Support.

I am sorry but there is no warranty on this item. The warranty is as follows below.

Exclusive Warranty- Horizon Hobby, Inc., (Horizon) warranties that the Products purchased (the "Product") will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of purchase by the Purchaser.
If you should need further assistance regarding this issue please reply to this e-mail for additional support.

If you need assistance in the future, please feel free to e-mail us at [email protected] or you may also contact us toll-free at 1-877-504-0233.

Make sure to visit our web site at http://www.horizonhobby.com to see all of our newest products!

Thank You,

Scott
(contact info removed)
My original email to them, which I think was quite friendly. I should also admit that I'm actually not much of a Losi fan but I thought saying so might grease the skids a bit. I do own a XXX-CR that sits on my shelf though.

Hello -

I am a big Losi fan and have been using your 8-in-1 hex wrench (Part #LOSA99120) for several months. It's a great wrench but I just snapped the tip off of the 1/16" bit when I was screwing a flat head into my XXX-CR chassis. I'm always careful not to over-tighten and stress the wrench but this one just popped right off. Could you please send me a replacement?

(my address here...)

Many thanks in advance!

Warm regards,
Mike