R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Larry Brown
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by raypa
Hello guys new here on the forums first I try to read as much as I can about the 1/12 cars but seems to be so much info that some is lost on this sea of post.

First I like to know what batts should I use I read in some places about lipos but don't find which is best 1s or 2s and if 2s what size or mah's it should be,second will be motors for the car if use 2s how many turns or KV should I use.I see some guys at a local track with stock brushed motors and speed seems fine to me what is comparable to that in brushless.

Any help here would be appreciated.
raypa- The best place to start is to talk with the local racers to see what they are running, so that you have someone to compete with and have comparable motors and batteries. Car choice should be made with parts availability in mind, plus the ability to share information with other racers...so you may want to choose one of the more popular cars at your local track.

In general, a 17.5 brushless is considered "stock" in many places in the U.S. Also, 1s lipos are used at all major races for 1/12 scale. Almost any name brand lipo in the 4000-5000 mah range, and 30-40c should be quite adequate to begin.

Stick with it for awhile...there is a lot to learn but there is a lot of fun in the competition and the friends you will make.