R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:28 PM
eds24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I got my Gtb3 on saturday from wellqin. Today I put some batteries in it. From what I have seen so far I'm very happy with this radio especially since it was only $68 shipped from china.

The looks of the Gtb3 are great though I don't quiet like the chrome wheel. The receiver as most know is very small and thin. So it will easily fit in any car.

As many have stated the backlight is hard to see in the light and when the backlight turns off you can only see the model and the voltage. To me this isn't a huge deal because I will most likely set-up my cars in my workshop and leave them set-up that way but a upgrade to the back light would be nice.

For me the radio fits good in my hand and I don't think it feels cheap. The wheel is slightly wobbly but it is not noticeable when using the radio only when you yank on it a bit. The only parts that feel cheap and wierd are the Ch3 trim and the dual rate buttons that are where your thumb goes. This isn't a big deal as they still work and if you don't like using them you can access those adjustments thru the menu

As far as the interface goes I popped the manual disc into my computer to check it out and after checking to if it works I didn't have to look back at the manual at all. The radio is very easy to use and easy to set-up and get around the menu's.

A major concern I had was when I heard about the weird trim and range of motion for the steering. I have yet to come into a problem with either of those things. The car I am using is a B4 and to take advantage of the full range of motion available on the car I only had to use about 90% out of 120% on the end points on each side. To test the range of motion outside of a car I set up a servo with a servo horn on it and set the endpoints to 120% and watched the range of motion. I then took an old am radio I had laying around and did the same test with it. There wasn't a noticeable difference at all between the old AM radio and the GT3B as far as range of motion goes. So from what I have found I think the Gt3B has the standard amount of range of motion.

So far from what I have see and tested.. This radio can't be beat. Others have done farther tests and can vouch for the range of the radio which I have heard is great. Basically for somewhere around $65-70 (including shipping) you get a good radio that has alot of features and 10 model memory. The radio looks good and the best part is the receivers are $6-7. For a budget racer or a basher I recommend this radio and I also recommend wellqin as a seller of the radio.