R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 04:03 AM
VooDooPH
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by woodys3b
I'm not a big fan of the carbon plate chassis conversion, but that's just a personal thing. To me, if you are going to do that, you should have bought a 416 in the first place. I haven't done the math but I'm fairly certain that it would have been less expensive in the long run. Is it really a TA-05 v2 after you do this? I don't know. Anyway, I'm not going to tell you guys how to spend your money.

I can relate to the described handling improvements that you guys are talking about with the carbon chassis. I recently bought the Tamiya carbon bathtub chassis for my v2. I thought it would just reduce the weight a bit but have been pleasantly surprised by its effects on handling. The car is much more predictable. "I no longer felt at the whim of the car, when it came to how I came out of turns or how it behaved coming onto the straight, etc..." I couldn't have said it better. I would add that I also see the car settling down in entry to the turn as well.

So, if you are like me and would like to keep your v2 a bathtub chassis, this is a good way to go and it's a whole lot less expensive.

I hope this didn't offend those that have gone with exotec. That was not my intent. Just wanted to add that the Tamiya carbon chassis is a good alternative. Long live the bathtub!

i just find it easier to set-up a CF plate chassis as its less prone to tweak. also, wanted to run a mid-motor car (all the other CF kits are rear motor). with the mid motor, i find it easier to make the car turn into corners. but that's just me.