R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Test session of "THE CAR" video?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 08:36 PM
8ight-racer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
im lost at almost 4 years of testing! Ur telling me its still holding up and finishing races??? Or is it well maintained in the time of running?
I ran his first test car last weekend. It is still holding up and winning races, but there are some extremely worn out parts, specifically the rear hubs and rod ends. Easily twice as much play as my Losi in the rear hub setup. We did replace some parts like the out drives but for the most part it is still the same car.

scoobie1, This is exactly how I would explain the traction/steering ratio, I wanted to say something about that but couldn't decribe it.

2) Traction: The second thing that I noticed was what really surprised me. THE Car has gob's of traction! Usually when you set a car up to steer as aggressively as this, the expense is a loss of rear traction (think Losi). It didn't matter if the car was in the groove, or in the fluff; on the bone dry track when you grabbed a handful, the car shot forward and tracked straight, with only the slightest amount of drift.