R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How to keep a throttle servo alive in a Losi 8 T/B 2.0 ?
Old 09-30-2010, 05:42 PM
JAMMINKRAZY
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHOAS
OK well thanks for all the help. I am going to put the split center diff mount in with the new servo I think. I also have some oring washers to put under the tray although It sounds like that was a fix for the 1.0. I read the linkage sheet 10 times and checked it on ever servo.Got my fingers crossed and my toes. I am not walking under any ladders and I am throwing salt over my shoulder as I speak.Oh yea I did break a mirror a few years back mabey thats whats killing my servos.
Don't bother with the O-rings. They were an attempt at a fix for the 1.0 and didn't do any good even then.

The split diff mount is awesome! It really does help get the linkage straightened out a bit. Well worth it IMO.

Another thing I will say is running a torque servo in any position will help with servo life. I would try a Hitec 7945 or 7955 even the 7950. Those are 3 very tough servos(tougher than the 7940 you tried, which IMO is tough as well). Give that some thought. I think you'll find any of those plenty fast enough(especially the 7940) and they all have over 300 oz/in of torque.