R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Crashby
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Technically, I did have the Tekin in for the "spec" blinkly classes at IIC. My thinking that it was not going to matter who's speedo was in play for the no-timing classes. What I did like from Tekin was the push control setting in wgt 13.5 no time class. It kept the car rolling into the corners instead of dumping the throttle off. For what it's worth, Mario's wgt car had a BD in it only 2.4 seconds back.

I used the BD in 13.5 12th which was a timed class and I did have the current upgrade. The BD is quite strong out of the hole and through the middle. It did eventually finish 5th in the A, but I did have to drive through the back door to get there. I don't think that you will get any argument that Tekin wins the top fuel award down the straight. I had several Tekins put 3-5 car lengths on my BD in the last half of the straight for the first 4 minutes, then it was rather even. In the end, I would have to say the BD is .05/lap faster at the end. They are both outstanding products. They just preform slightly differently. You just need to decide which is best for your 8 minutes.

It's interesting that someone used a BD in spec mode and thought it was slower then Tekin. I took my boosted BD car to our home track for a 13.5 no-boost class. After switching it to spec mode, I was looking for more power all day. I tq'ed and won the main by 5 seconds over a very talented Sean Maybell, but I felt like there should have been more under the hood. I wont be back there for several more weeks, but I will test a Tekin vs BD in spec mode.

Kelly, I understand where you're coming from. I purchased all 3 of my Tekins. If Tekin helped me win a race, it's because I made the right purchase. For what it's worth, I purchased the BD too. They are both great speedo's.

Brian
From the CRC website photos of the CRC winning cars, the picture of your winning 17.5 car was actually your 13.5 car as it has a BD in it. I guess Frank did not want any Tekin pictures on his webiste!