R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 in 1 oil question
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 06:55 PM
rodcpierce
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Audiobahnaholic
Personally I never use after run oil. I always put my piston at the bottom of the stroke and leave it. If you ever tear your engine down the fuel leaves a good coating of oil on everything. If I have an engine sit for a while I will usually just pull the glow plug shoot wd40 down it then turn the engine by hand a couple times to make sure it's lubed for that first fire. Then spin it with the bump box to get the wd40 out. Put the plug in prime it and fire. In my opinion any type of after run oil is a scare tactic to make money. You don't put after run oil in your full size car or in your 2 stroke dirt bike or atv. Why in your 2 stroke r/c? After all that's all we are running and trust me the fuels these days have a wonderful lubricant package, if they didn't your engine wouldn't last long at 30,000 rpm.
The issue is the nitromethane. You dont use that in your car, atv or dirt bike. The nitromethane is like a sponge for water, it attracts moisture, which comes rust. Also, if you dont use a fuel with a 100% synthetic oil package, they use castor. Castor oil can leave behind some pretty nasty stuff if left in there and allowed to set.