R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 07:25 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
What the hell, are you back running the Tamiya????
In a word, yes.

The losi really wasn't a bad car when it worked... It just didn't work that well very often! As much as I tried to convince myself that the short arms etc wouldn't be a problem, with hindsight, it always would be. Also a dawning realisation that (and this is no fault of the cars) that it just wasn't built to work at its best with high torque brushless motors and LiPo. When a diff can't last more than 4mins, its a bit of an issue.
On a positive spin, learnt a load more about what makes a car tick (which in some respects lead to the discovery of the limitations, IMO, with the R), and am certainly driving a lot better, even if the result haven't shown it over the season. Also proud to have been given the opportunity to run the R, and to have stuck with it for the whole season, but the above problems mean I've taken a decision to go back to what I'm used to, and hopefully have a easier time of it along the way

Anyway, picked up a second hand X to run over the winter, and will then pick up a 417 for next outdoor season. Trying to remind myself what I need to do, its amazing what you forget after only a few months!

Ed