R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 8T 2.0 Shock/Ride Height
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 04:34 PM
losi_racer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwm2
I was just setting the ride height on my 8ight 2.0 truggy and noticed to get the rear 40-42mm high that the adjustment nuts have to be nearly all the way at the bottom of the threaded shock body. I mean only a couple threads are left (2-4) on the shock body when adjusted to where it needs to be. Is this normal? Its not that way on my buggy.

Also i noticed one side of the truggy or buggy sits just a shade lower than the other. Should i adjust the shocks so the chassis is even? It seems like one side needs to be several threads higher than the other to compinsate the difference.

I'm going by adam drakes setup sheets and the various setup sheets off the losi website as a reference. I just want a decent baseline to start my tuning on various tracks i plan on visiting over the fall and winter as racing moves indoors in this area. So i figure if i start with the standard setups and deviate from that as nessissary, it'll give me a good baseline to get me headed in the right direction.
if both adjustment nuts are even on the shock bodys and one side is higher then you most likely have a bent hinge pin, also your a arms could be warped.