R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 08:54 AM
wingracer
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
fwiw I think you did a great job describing the forces and effects. The pool cue example was very easy to visualize--and I tend to be visualization-impaired.

Many thanks. I was only poking fun at Michael and Doug for poking fun at my complete, if lengthy, roll-out tutorial a couple years ago.
Thanks, I'm glad you thought so. I too am very visual and I am usually terrible at trying to describe things like this in text. I need to be able to draw graphs and diagrams to get it to make sense. For instance, the tire graph I mentioned of vertical load vs. coefficient of friction. The first time I saw that graph, it made complete sense to me while before it was a complete mystery

I tried to convince a couple guys of how an upper arm change would raise the roll center once and they both insisted that it would lower it. I tried and tried to convince them but they just wouldn't listen. Finally I broke out a piece of paper and diagrammed the whole thing. Two minutes of drawing taught them more than the previous hour of arguing