R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2002, 01:51 PM
darnold
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh, I forgot to let everyone know that the HV's that I use are about an ounce heavier than SMH's so if SMC was still doing SMH'a and I used those (I probably wouldn't because of the extra runtime of the HV's IMO) I would actually be under weight by about .25oz. Concerning the motor Petenis, if it was mine it was probably a 10turn. I sold off a bunch of D4's and a couple of my Ti's at this past Oktoberfast. They were all stuff I paid for with my own funds so it was ok. I think that the P94 of your friend was probably miss-tuned or wrongly geared. The P94's seem to make their power in a higher part of the rev range than the Ti's and if you gear too tall than you miss all of the mechanical torque on the track and wind up running under the max power part of the curve. I am currently testing some P94's for Integy since they are under consideration for possibly offering them. I am running my 9turn P94 at 23/100 which is a good tooth to tooth and a half under what I normally run our Ti 9turns and the P94 10turn I am gearing the Same!!! This is a good two-three teeth under what I normally gear the our 10turn Ti's!! What is your actual gear and tire size?